Skip to main content

Tiny Buddha

Most mornings I try to take a quick review of my Inbox to see what sales have landed, who is living the Faceobook life of my dreams, what adorable kittens are doing and who is posting what.  


I love Tiny Buddha as they offer such a wide range of blogger writing---all incredibly insightful---and each with a different tone or angle.  \\

It's the same with food.  I simply cannot sit down at a table and eat and entire plate of spaghetti, or stew, or chilli or some such thing.  Maybe my taste buds get bored. I dunno.  I like to have a wide variety of tastes and choices on my plate---and I have a bit of this and a bit of that as I go.  This is why buffets are incredibly dangerous to most people.  Tooo many choices!!!

The only exception I will make for this is a huge salad.  When I have salad, I add fruit and nuts and a protein of some kind, and I can combine various tastes on each mouthful.  So one bite might have blue cheese, grapes and spinach and another might be romaine, chicken and almonds.  Mmmmmm now I am hungry.

The point of all of this is that Tiny Buddha is like my salad.  On the surface, it looks like you will be getting just the one thing---but you can pick and choose what you like---each post being unique and wonderful in its own right.

I invite you to take a look!  Today--- will spend some time there myself---see you at the salad bar!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mind the Gap

I have been browsing my writing. Just a few samples here and there. Noting the gaps--like the big one where I posted on the eve of 2020 not knowing a global pandemic would shut down the world and then didn't post again until just last week. Feels like that would have been a good time to write. During a pandemic.  Write about survival mode, collecting oldest and his gf from their rental to camp out in our basement bedroom for five months, the middle home as college was closed and R and I getting a week to figure out how to be online college instructors. There were days of washing groceries, yelling at my mom and step-dad to get their asses home from Florida before the boarder closed and scouring the internet for toilet paper and masks. It was exhausting and scary and bitterness flowed unhampered at every #qualitytimewiththekiddos" posting of crafts and puzzles and tiktok dances from those who found themselves at home, not working.  It was all hands on deck at our place wi...

Guidepost #7 Cultivating Play and Rest

The sky, dark blue fading to purple, then  pink and orange---in this instant --- it is hard to tell if it is the morning or night.  Perhaps in contradiction to the title, I am up early to write.  This is my playtime.  Writing is something that brings me both joy and a sense of accomplishment.  The Adult Day Treatment Program was my what kept me anchored to reality during the early months of my collapse.  Learning about anxiety, medications, depression, relaxation all made sense tome--had value--and could be immediately applied to my situation.  I took copious notes, I participated in class, I reflected, I did what I know best---see problem---tackle problem. What was difficult for me, was understanding the value of our "recreation" hour (a.k.a. crafts or games). I remember feeling a bit like I was in a movie or on some gag reel and I was the only one not in on the joke as people moved to pick up half painted wooden b...

Keeping Afloat in Darkness - When Robin Williams is Gone

A few weeks ago Robin Williams was everywhere you looked. People were desperate for details; to find the one thing that assured them that his situation was so different from theirs that they are safe; that it could never be them. But if you suffer from depression, the suicide of such a brilliant, successful, individual; part of our lives for so many years and responsible for so many laughs; looks like a leak in your boat. A friend asked me, "Ok but no one knows what the future holds.  Could he not see that?" For someone drowning in the dark spiral of depression, there is no future. There is only now. There is only nothing.  The boat is gone.  You are under. It is not about your spouse or your friends or your kids or career or fans or dogs or anything.  When the darkness squeezes it is all about now.  And now is nothing.  It is bleak and empty and so dark, you cannot see a bottom, or edges or surface ---just darkness. "Some...