Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Red

Today is not a blue sky day.  Today is a red river day. 

The pain that led me to my hospital visit is back and not under control and runs through my body all day--constant and uncomfortable and consuming my every thought.  I see red. I think red.  I feel red.

I will try to not panic.  I will try to be here but not too here in my body and not to let my mind run too far into red places.

I will be kind to myself.

I will eat.

I will have a chocolate popsicle.

I will breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you today, Brigid. Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am feeling much better. The pain in manageable which it wasn't earlier and I am grateful. Only wish there was a way to figure out what caused it. Best guess, the prednisone I was taking for my asthma triggered it last November.

    But why it flares up when it does? And how long it lasts? No ideas yet.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.